Friday, November 5, 2010

Harmony of the Castlevanias

Castlevania: Harmony of Despair
Apparently the new xbox.com broke all of my links so I'll have to redo them.

Castlevania: Harmony of Despair is definitely not HD. That being said I didn't hate the graphics. The sprites were reused but as far as I know the stages were all new and they looked better.

Before I bought this game I thought it was going to be in the style of "metriodvania" like Shadow Complex. The ability to zoom out and see the entire level is an interesting feature. Once you have cleared a level it's pretty useful to get around. There are similarities to Symphony of the Night. Specifically the large number of equipment and spells.

Right after I bought the game I was worried that the single-player game wouldn't be that fulfilling since it was designed to be a multiplayer game. I decided I would play through the entire game on normal solo. Then I started playing multiplayer on hard.

I was obsessed with this game.I played it almost every day for about a month  After a while the online community died down. It became more difficult to play Co-op and Survival games are non existent.

Edit 1: When the first DLC stage came out, teams would be disbanded if someone didn't have Chapter 7. I finally broke down and bought chapter 7. Then I promptly lost interest. 400 msp's well spent. Hopefully I will go back to it when more DLC becomes available.

Edit 2: First 2 DLC characters came out: Yoko & Julius. They're interesting but not interesting enough to keep me playing for long. How much money will I sink into this game?

10/12a
175/200g

No comments:

Post a Comment